Bandits have sacked no fewer than 23 communities in Kontagora Local Government Area of Niger State.
Abdullahi Isah, member representing Kontagora II in the State House of Assembly, made this known in a motion of urgent public importance he presented on the floor of the House during the plenary on Tuesday, said the affected communities are within the military training ground in Kontagora LGA.
He said the military ground extended from Kontagora LGA to part of Mariga LGA, saying that the affected communities had been deserted due to frequent attacks by bandits.
“Bandits have established at least eight different camps in the area which now serves as their safe haven. This has posed a serious security threat to communities both in Kontagora and Mariga LGAs.
“Some residents of the affected communities that were abducted during the recent attacks were still in captivity,” Isah said.
The state Assembly called on the state government to interface with the military authority to intensify efforts towards flushing out the bandits from the training ground to allow host communities return to their homes.
- NAE Pick Holes In FG’s Reversal Of Mother Tongue Policy - November 30, 2025
- CRC-N Decries Shutdown Of Schools - November 30, 2025
- GUINEA-Bissau’s Transitional President Name Prime Minister - November 30, 2025

