Chinese, 2 Indians Among 67 COVID-19 Patients Discharged in Lagos

LAGOS — The Lagos State Ministry of Health has announced the recovery and discharge of 67 COVID-19 patients, including two Indians and a Chinese national. The ministry, through its verified Twitter handle, on Saturday said the patients –  22 females and 45 males – were discharged from the state’s isolation facilities. “Twenty-four are from Mainland Infectious Disease Hospital, Yaba;  22 from Onikan, 11 from Agidingbi, two from Lekki and eight from Lagos University Teaching Hospital...

COVID-19: CAF Initiates Financial Entitlement Payments to Clubs

The Confederation of African Football (CAF) says it will accelerate the payment of final tranche of financial rewards to participating clubs in its interclub competitions for the 2019/20 season. The continental football governing body, in a statement on Saturday, said this was in light of growing concerns and evolving nature of COVID-19 pandemic, leading to the suspension of football activities across the continent. The statement quoted CAF President, Ahmad Ahmad, as saying that the distribution,...

Gov. Uzodimma Announces Plan to Reposition IMSU

OWERRI — The Imo Governor, Sen. Hope Uzodinma, on Saturday announced his adminstration’s plan to reposition the Imo State University (IMSU) for academic excellence. Uzodinma who made the announcement while receiving a report from the institution’s visitation panel in Owerri, said that the state was poised to take the university to a competitive and admirable height. “It is either IMSU becomes a university or never. We will exhaust all extant rules to reposition the tertiary institution for...

2 confirmed Cases of COVID-19 Test Negative in Enugu – Commissioner

ENUGU — The Enugu State Ministry of Health says two of the 10 COVID-19 cases undergoing treatment in the state have now tested negative. The state’s Commissioner for Health, Prof. Ikechukwu Obi, said in a statement issued on Sunday that they were being assessed for discharge from the isolation and treatment centre where they had been receiving treatment. Obi explained that the two cases were the three-year-old and 13-year old contacts of the third case...

Italy looks to Reopen Borders Next Month as Lockdown Measures Ease

Italian Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte outlined a further loosening of movement restrictions on Saturday, including opening borders to travellers from Europe from next month to unwind one of the world’s most rigid coronavirus lockdowns. With shops, bars, and restaurants due to reopen from Monday, the government has also announced that people will no longer have to justify travel within their own region and will be able to meet friends as well as family. “People will...

COVID-19: Oyo Records 31 New Cases, Total Now 107

COVID-19 cases in Oyo State have gone up to 107 with 31 new cases now confirmed, the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports. Gov. Seyi Makinde confirmed the additional 31 cases in a statement issued in Ibadan on Saturday night. NAN reports that the new cases were the highest in the state. ” Thirty of these are members of staff of an organisation based in Ibadan South West Local Government Area. “The remaining one case...

Brazilian State of Sao Paulo Records More COVID-19 Deaths Than China

The Brazilian state of Sao Paulo has overtaken China when it comes to the number of deaths from the novel coronavirus. According to data released by Brazil’s health ministry on Saturday, there have been 4,688 coronavirus-related deaths in the country’s most populous state, which is home to more than 40 million people. Official figures from China, which has a population of more than a billion, show the country has had 4,637 deaths. In the country...

COVID-19: Nigeria Records 176 New Cases, Total Infections Now 5621

The Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) on Saturday recorded 176 new cases of COVID-19 which brought the total number of infections in Nigeria to 5621. NCDC also said that five new patients have been confirmed dead in the country, bringing the total number of deaths to 176. The 176 new cases were reported from 14 states:  Lagos (95), Oyo (31), FCT (11), Niger (8),Borno (8), Jigawa (6), Kaduna (4), Anambra (3), Edo (2), Rivers...

COVID-19: Four-Month-Old Baby Tests Positive in Kaduna

Kaduna State Ministry of Health on Saturday confirmed that a four-month-old child was among the 20 new COVID-19  cases recorded in the state on Friday. A statement issued by the Commissioner of Health, Dr. Amina Mohammed-Baloni, said that the father of the infected child had a travel history to Kano. “The infant, who had been brought to hospital for respiratory issues, was tested in accordance with the updated guidelines which advise that persons presenting with...

Scores of persons are feared killed in a communal conflict in Tigno town of Lamurde Local Government Area of Adamawa, the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports. Mr Samuel Danga and Usman Babale, both residents of the area, told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Saturday in Yola that the incident sparked off by misunderstanding between two youths. They told NAN that many people lost their lives from gunshots while several houses, shops and...

WP2Social Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com