UPDATE: COVID-19: NCDC Confirms 38 Fresh Cases, Totalling 665

The Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) says 38 new cases of COVID-19 have been reported in the last 24 hours, bringing total number of confirmed cases to 665. The NCDC made this known on Monday night in the latest report posted on its verified twitter handle. According to it, three new states- Gombe, Sokoto and Abia have joined states with reported cases of the virus, as the number of states with confirmed cases now...

The Worst is Yet Ahead of Us – WHO Chief

The World Health Organization (WHO) Chief on Monday gave a new warning about the coronavirus outbreak, saying “the worst is yet ahead of us. The Director-General, Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus sounded the alarm as many countries are easing the social distance measure that is aimed at restricting the spread of the COVID-19 pandemic. The outbreak has infected some 2.5 million persons across the world and killed over 166,000. The WHO Chief and others have previously raised...

UPDATE: Lagos Seeing A Slow Spread Community Transmission of COVID-19 – Sanwo-Olu

The Governor of Lagos State, Mr. Babajide Sanwo-Olu has said the state is now experiencing a slow spread community transmission of COVID-19. At a briefing on Monday, the Governor said that the rise in the number of confirmed cases of COVID-19 in the state is an indication of a slow spread of community transmission. He added that there was a need to strengthen and increase the government’s response in containing the spread of the COVID-19...

FBN Holdings Gross Earnings Hits N159.7bn in Q1 2020

FBN Holdings Plc. on Monday announced gross earnings of N159.7 billion for the three months ended March 31, 2020. The gross earnings represented a growth of 14.5 per cent when compared with N139.4 billion achieved in the corresponding period of 2019. The company’s unaudited results released by the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) indicated a  profit before tax of N28.7 billion against N17.8 billion in March 2019. Profit after tax stood at ₦25.7 billion in contrast...

S. Korea Reports Fewer Than 20 Virus Cases for Third Day

South Korea reported 13 more cases of the new coronavirus on Monday, bringing the country’s total infections to 10,674. It marked the third day in a row that the country’s new virus infections stayed below 20, according to the Korea Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (KCDC). South Korea recorded single-digit new cases on Sunday for the first time in two months with eight, which also marked a drastic drop from the Feb. 29 peak...

PTF Apologises for Violation of COVID-19 Protocols During Abba Kyari’s Burial

Mr. Boss Mustapha, the Chairman of the Presidential Task Force on COVID-19, has apologised over violations that took place during the burial of the late Chief of Staff to the President, Abba Kyari, in Abuja on Saturday. Mustapha, who is also the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, at the PTF daily briefing on COVID19 on Monday in Abuja, recognised regrettably, the unintentional violation of the principles and protocols that form the core of its messaging to...

COVID-19: Abba Kyari’s Body Properly Prepared for Burial in Line With NCDC – PTF

Dr. Sani Aliyu, the Coordinator, Presidential Task Force (PTF) on COVID-19, has said that contrary to what was on social media, the body of the late Chief of Staff to the President, Malam Abba Kyari, was properly prepared for burial. He said that the body was buried according to the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) guidelines and the Islamic faith. The PTF coordinator said this while answering questions from journalists at the PTF daily...

Health Sector Will Not Remain Same Post-COVID-19 — SGF

The Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF), Mr. Boss Mustapha, has assured that Nigerian health sector would not remain the same post COVID-19 as all measures would be taken to improve the sector. Mustapha, who is also the Chairman, Presidential Task Force (PTF) on COVID-19, gave the assurance while answering questions from journalists during press briefing in Abuja on Monday. He said that post COVID-19 would bring about total overhaul of the health...

Uzodimma Debunks Purported Plan to Immortalise Kyari in Imo

Gov. Hope Uzodimma of Imo has debunked reports credited to him that he was making moves to rename the Imo State University (IMSU) after Malam Abba Kyari, to immortalise him. Uzodimma described the report as fake, saying that it was circulated by people in opposition parties in Imo to create mischief, disaffection and distract his administration. In a statement on Monday by his Chief Press Secretary, Mr Oguike Nwachukwu, the governor said it was sad...

COVID-19: Abia Confirms 2 Fresh Cases

The Abia Government on Monday disclosed that the state has two confirmed index cases of COVID-19 after the test results of the patients returned positive. Chief John Okiyi-Kalu, the state Commissioner for Information, made this known in a statement made available to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Umuahia. “We have received the report of two confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Abia State this evening from NCDC. Both patients are advanced in age, but...

WP2Social Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com