Kidnapped Anglican Bishop’s Wife Regains Freedom

The Primate of the Church of Nigeria (Anglican Communion), Most Rev. Nicholas Okoh, on Friday in Lokoja, confirmed the release of the wife of the Anglican Bishop of Bari Diocese in Kano State, who was kidnapped last week. The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN), reports that Archbishop Okoh announced this during the consecration service of five new bishops and presentation of two archbishops, at the Cathedral Church of Holy Trinity, Lokoja, Kogi State. The service...

UPDATE: Igbo Leaders Suggest Thorough Investigation of Abule Ado Explosion

Dr Christian Nwachukwu, the Chairman, Council of Ndi Eze Igbo, Lagos State chapter, has advised the Lagos State Government to carry out a thorough investigation of the explosion in Abule-Ado community which occurred on Sunday in Lagos. Nwachukwu gave the advice on Friday when he led his team to Abule Ado to sympathise with the families of those that died in the explosion and other displaced persons in the community He commended the good gesture...

Travel Agencies Lose N180bn to COVID-19: NANTA

The National Association of Nigeria Travel Agencies (NANTA) says that travel agencies in Nigeria have suffered financial losses to the tune of about N180 billion since the outbreak of the dreaded coronavirus disease. The National President of the association, Mr Bankole Bernard, made the disclosure at a news conference in Lagos on Friday. Bernard said the outbreak of the pandemic had grounded the global travel business in which Nigeria is key player. “It is disheartening...

FG Plans to Ban Importation of Milk by 2023

The Federal Government says it is planning to ban the importation of milk in the next two to three years in the country. Alhaji Sabo Nanono, the Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development said this at the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) forum, in Abuja. Nanono said that the government had the mechanism with effective plans and strategies to ensure that it worked out positively. “I am telling you that it will work out well...

COVID-19: Plateau Govt. Suspends Cultural Festivals, Restricts Marriage Attendance

The Plateau Government has suspended celebration of cultural festivals and anniversaries as part of measures to control the spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19). The government, therefore, directed that not more than 50 persons should attend weddings and burials in the state. The Secretary to the State Government, Prof. Danladi Atu, issued the directive at a news briefing on Friday in Jos. Atu said the measures were the resolutions reached at the end of an interactive session...

National Film Corporation to Partner French Counterpart on Film Making, Others

The National Film Corporation (NFC) has signed an agreement to partner the French National Centre for Cinema on film making and training of lecturers. The Director General of the corporation, Dr Chidia Maduekwe, while receiving the Regional Audiovisual Attache, Embassy of France in Nigeria, Mr Yoann Talhourne, said the partnership would revamp the NFC into a reference university in the country and the world at large. The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the...

Enugu Wants Outstanding Reimbursement on FG’s Road Reconstruction

Gov. Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi of Enugu State has called for the release of N23.7 billion he claims as outstanding of certified reimbursement expenditure for rehabilitation of federal roads in the state between 2007 and 2018. He made the call when members of the Senate Committee on Works paid him a courtesy visit in Enugu on Thursday. The governor recalled that the state government was invited to a national ad hoc committee on promissory note programme and...

COVID-19: CAN Declares March 22, 29 Days of Prayer

The Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) has directed churches in Nigeria to observe March 22 and March 29 as days of prayers against the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic in Nigeria and globally. The CAN President, Rev. Samson Ayokunle, in a statement signed by the Media Assistant, Pastor Adebayo  on Thursday, advised all churches to follow the guidelines for combating COVID-19 in all gatherings. He noted that ban on the presence of more than 50 people in...

COVID-19: First Lady Orders Shutdown of Office

The First Lady, Aisha Buhari, has directed the immediate shutdown of her office for two weeks as part of preventive measures against the spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19). Mrs. Buhari gave the directive in a circular signed by her Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, Mr. Aliyu Abdullahi, on Thursday in Abuja. ” I have directed the shutdown of my office for two weeks with immediate effect while essential staff can work from home as a...

COVID-19: Kano Govt. Orders Closure of Schools

Kano State Government has directed for the closure of public and private schools in the state for 30-days, to contain spread of coronavirus. The state’s Commissioner of Education, Alhaji Muhammad Sanusi, made the disclosure at a press conference on Thursday in Kano. Sanusi said the closure of the schools will be effective from Monday, March 23, adding that the decision was part of precautionary measures against the threat posed by the coronavirus pandemic. He enjoined...

WP2Social Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com