Two staff of the United States of America Embassy in Nigeria who were kidnapped in Anambra on Tuesday have been rescued by security forces.
The rescued staff are part of a group attacked in Ogbaru Local Government Area on Tuesday.
Two embassy staff were killed in the attack, including four policemen and a driver, making seven persons. Some of the those killed, were burnt in their vehicles, while two staff of the embassy were taken hostage by the hoodlums.
But police, in a press statement released on Friday morning said the kidnapped staff of the embassy were rescued on Friday morning.
Spokesperson for the Anambra State Police Command, DSP Tochukwu Ikenga who revealed this in a press statement said: “In the early hours of today, 19/5/2023, the joint security forces rescued unhurt the two remaining victims abducted during the attack on a US convoy attack along Atani/Osomalla road in Ogbaru Local Government Area (LGA) of Anambra State.”
No details of the rescue was given, including the location or any other information on the state of health of the rescued victims.
He stated that operations are still ongoing and that further details will be communicated to journalists.
The attack on the officials had been condemned by the Nigerian government, Anambra State government and several other institutions and individuals alike.
Latest posts by Pilotnews (see all)
- Governor Soludo Announces Free Education For Anambra State Public School Students - September 21, 2023
- Vigilante Group rescues 3 girls from baby factory in Anambra - September 21, 2023
- Stop filming yourselves while having sex, Obinabo begs ladies - September 18, 2023
Obi fumes over US government official's phone call with President-elect, Tinubu