Over 20 hectares of marijuana plantation in the Ise-Ekiti forest reserve has been destroyed by Ekiti State Government
The Executive Secretary of the State Forestry Commission, Sunday Adekunle, on Sunday, said the action followed a tip-off that some miscreants were engaging in nefarious activities in the government reserves along the Ise axis.
He said the 20-hectare Indian hemp plantation and nursery prepared for transplanting of the illegal weeds were destroyed in the operation by officers of the state Forestry Task Force.
The Executive Secretary explained that perpetrators had turned the area into a den of kidnappers, tormenting citizens and travelers in the area.
Adekunle noted that efforts are on by the government to ensure adequate security for citizens, and the readiness of the commission to flush out criminals from the reserves across the state.
He commended the governor, Mr Biodun Oyebanji, for recruiting boundary men, who had been posted to government reserves to ensure adequate security through their regular patrols.
- NANGO Calls For Withdrawal Of Foreign Aid Bill, 2026 Before National Assembly - August 22, 2026
- Tinubu Suspends Three Permanent Secretaries Over ICPC Discovery - August 22, 2026
- FCT Minister Orders Demolition Of 30 Buildings On Ring Road - August 21, 2026

