Amid Mounting Speculation, Kano says Deaths of Prominent Individuals is Not Due to Covid-19

Speculation is still brewing over the mysterious cases of death of many prominent Kano state citizens and residents floating around the media landscape. Last week, the West African Pilot News (WAP) received reports which described grave happenings in Kano, one of Nigeria’s largest commercial and important historic cities. The names on the casualty list read like a roll call of the top echelon of the northern political elite. Enough to call attention to not only...

Anambra Govt. Plans to Reopen 63 Major Markets May 4

April 27, 2020 (NAN) Anambra Government has announced plan to reopen the 63 major markets in the state on May 4 after closure since late March. Gov Willie Obiano made this known to newsmen at Aguleri, Anambra East Local Government Area on Monday, after his brief meeting with the 63 market leaders in the state. He said each market should set up a task force that would be trained by the state government on COVID-19 safety compliance...

Is Anambra State Government Right in Relaxing the Lockdown?

Anambra state government just announced its decision to relax the lockdown and stay at home order, which has been on for over four weeks. Within these weeks, Anambra recorded only one case of COVID-19 positive, tens of contacts were also traced to the index case. Nonetheless, last week the index case was released after testing negative to coronavirus twice. In his address four days ago, the governor of Anambra state Chief Willie Obiano had said...

COVID-19 and Crude Business – Nigeria there is a Problem

If you are a state governor in Nigeria and you are not already working round the clock, night and day, you are playing with fire.  Red-hot, napalm FIRE! Here is your reality.  Bonny Light (Nigeria’s crude oil) is trading at about $11. This is half the cost of producing the barrel. Even at that price, Nigeria is not able to sell her crude oil.  She has tens of millions of barrels of crude oil in...

COVID-19: Group Urges Southeast Governors to Maintain Border Closure

A coalition of non-governmental organisations (NGOs) under the aegis of South East Human Rights Situations Room, wants state governments in the zone to maintain border closure amidst the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. In a statement in Enugu on Sunday by the Coalition which is made up of 43 groups, said that the restriction of interstate movements was one of the major ways to contain the spread of the virus. The coalition, however, said that the only...

Ebonyi, Kebbi Record First COVID-19 Cases

Gov. David Umahi of Ebonyi on Sunday announced the first index case of the deadly coronavirus in the state but urged the citizens not to panic. Umahi made the announcement in a broadcast from his hometown Uburu, Ohaozara LGA of the state. The governor disclosed that the index case was a 31-year old driver who operated a hire purchase commercial transport business with his Toyota Sienna. The governor said that the index case conveyed food...

Reps to Resume Plenary on April 28

Mr. Patrick Giwa, the Clerk,  House of Representatives, said on Sunday in Abuja, that the House would resume plenary on Tuesday, April 28, at 10.a.m. Giwa in a statement said that the guidelines to avoid the spread of COVID-19 would be given to members upon resumption. “This is to inform all members of the House of Representatives that the House will now resume plenary session on Tuesday, April 28, 2020, at 10 a.m. Members are...

JUST IN: Kano Govt. Says Mass Deaths “Not COVID-19-Related”

The Kano Government has acknowledged and decried the rising death rates in the state capital but declared that none was caused by the dreaded Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. Malam Muhammad Garba, the Commissioner of Information, gave the clarifications in a statement in Kano. “The state government acknowledges recent deaths in Kano, but it is on top of the situation. We have begun an investigation to unravel the remote causes of the deaths. “The investigation into the...

Health minister, NCDC Boss Update Buhari on COVID-19, Kano Strange Disease

President Muhammadu Buhari on Sunday received briefing from Minister of Health, Dr. Osagie Ehanire, and Director-General, Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC), Chikwe Ihekweazu, on the latest development over Coronavirus and the reported strange disease in Kano. Ehanire, who spoke to State House correspondents on the outcome of the closed-door meeting in Abuja, said they briefed the president on the activities and overall positions of the Presidential Task Force (PTF) on COVID-19. The News Agency...

Kano Govt. Debunks Report of Fake COVID-19 Vaccine

Kano State Government has debunked reports insinuating circulation of purported Coronavirus vaccine in the state. The state’s Commissioner of Information, Mr Muhammad Garba, gave the clarifications in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Sunday in Kano. NAN recalled that the Federal Government had earlier raised alarm over circulation of fake COVID-19 vaccine and cautioned people of the state to be wary of the fake product. The Minister of Information, Alhaji Lai...

WP2Social Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com