Accidents and SafetyNews20 People Hospitalized In Kano for Inhaling Suspected Toxic Chemicals

KANO — No fewer than 120 people have been hospitalized after inhaling suspected toxic chemicals that contaminated air from an expired industrial gas cylinder that spread to the neighborhood of Mundadu, a suburb of Kano.

It was gathered that most of the victims were women and children, though no life was lost in the incident.

It was learned that the incident occurred Friday evening when one Saifullahi gathered scrap metals and crushed them for recycling.

The ward head of the area, Magaji Abdullahi, while speaking on the incident said, “I was informed this evening that there was a problem where Saifullahi Muhammad does his scrap metal collection business.”

Public Relations Officer, Kano State Fire Service, Saminu Abdullahi, confirmed the incident, saying many victims were conveyed to hospitals for medical attention.

“About 70 of them were taken to Jaen Primary Healthcare, while 50 were taken to the Murtala Muhammad Specialist Hospital for treatment,” he said.

Hassan Umar Shallpella (Regional Correspondent)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

WP2Social Auto Publish Powered By :